Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March in a few moments!


I have been meaning to post on here for a while about Tony and my adventures during our month off.  But, as most vacations go, the distraction of enjoying break made it quickly go by.  Here we are, almost at the end of March, without any postings.  With a little under a week left before my FINAL month of medical school, here are some highlights from break in a 2-part series:

(1) Tony’s Mom, Lori, and his Grandma Dot came to visit for an afternoon and for dinner.  It was so nice to relax on the couch and chat.  Lori brought Butters one of his favorite treats… carrots!  He knows when he sees Grandma Lori that he will be sure to get something special.  Also, they introduced us to the AMAZING Boston Cream Pie sold at Tops… definitely recommend it.  It is made with real whipped cream, and is absolutely delicious.


(2) Tony and I celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with Paul (Tony's Dad), Lindsey (Tony's sister), Margie (Paul's wonderful girlfriend) and her daughter Jess.  Butters absolutely HATED the St. Patrick's ears we got for him, suffering through a few shots.  We enjoyed truly homemade Reuben sandwiches, compliments of my Mom’s recipe.  Paul made his first cooking video, showing all those new to Reubens how it’s done.   Also, we celebrated his birthday with… yes… another Boston Cream Pie.   Butters was absolutely in heaven with all of the new friends to give him some hugs (and new faces to slap wet kisses on).
 


(3) I went to visit my friends Heather and Bruce, as well as their wonderful boys Cody and Gavin.  Even though it had only been a couple months since I last saw them, I could not believe how fast the boys are growing up.  That is the kind of corny things adults would say to me as a kid.  I would think to myself, “Duh, silly adult, what do you think was happening these last few months?  Of course I am getting bigger and all that stuff!”  The one that really amazed me was Gavin, as he all of a sudden has this exponentially increased vocabulary and is talking up a storm! Heather and I enjoyed the glorious sunny weather, getting a tan IN MARCH!!!  Whenever Heather and I meet up, it is just like old times.  We always find something to talk about, and the time passes so quickly just enjoying each other’s company.  Tony will join us next time when we go back to visit them April 1st!  Although the pictures below were taken last spring, pretty much sums up why we are still such close friends after all of these years


No comments:

Post a Comment