Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Celebrations!



Easter was the first real holiday that Tony and I spent together.  Over Easter dinner, Tony met my grandparents for the first time in 2005.  He settled so easily into conversations with all of the family members, as if he had been coming over for years.  That Easter, I also happened to be fostering and bottle-feeding 3 young puppies.  Watching that handsome man juggle three adorable puppies melted my heart.  I remember, by the end of the day, I got the feeling that I would never be bringing another boyfriend home to meet the parents.  No one else would ever fit in so perfectly with my family. 

As a holiday dedicated to new beginnings through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, it was fitting again to see this Easter as one of “firsts.”  It was the first Easter in my life spent outside of Albion, as we celebrated at my parent’s house in Ithaca.  Margie, Paul’s girlfriend, joined us for the first time and quickly won over the whole family.  And, our furbaby Butters enjoyed his introduction to Easter as well.  On the difficult side, it was the first holiday spent together since the loss of my Grandmom Lucy earlier this year.  This really would have been an Easter she would have enjoyed.


As always, Mom cooked the food to perfection and the decorations were gorgeous.  The large ham and excellent quiches kept people coming back for seconds and thirds.  




It was such a blessing to gather with family and friends, enjoying wine, watching movies, and sharing stories.   


Paul and Margie surprised the family Easter morning with some great treats and special cards.  And, somewhere in the excitement of Easter, “Cookies and Cream Bunny” lost his head.


Butters was also very satisfied with his new “muscle shirt.”  Jessica, Margie’s daughter, picked it out (we all missed you, Jess, but look forward to seeing you at graduation!!).  It looked great on the little guy, and he happily modeled it around the house!  


I know this coming year will certainly be filled with many more “firsts” when Tony and I make our big move to Texas.  But, we will continue to look forward to special moments like these when we can come home to family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment