Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nesting


With the significant amount of waking hours spent feeding Leon those first couple weeks, creative improvisation was required so that mommy’s (trivial) needs… like sleeping and eating… could be met.  During that time, the couch affectionately became known as “The Nest.”  During the daytime, there was a healthy supply of water bottles and snacks kept in reaching distance

Mommy and Leon camped out together while awaiting Daddy’s arrival home from work.


My favorite part of my “nesting” days was having time to really getting to know my son.  I loved watching him peacefully sleep


There would be times I would place him on my belly, feeling his little movements and discovering those were the same little kicks I felt throughout my pregnancy. 


And, I couldn’t help but admire those little fingers and toes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment