Monday, November 5, 2012

Tony's Special Weekend

This past weekend, Tony was away in Houston presenting a poster for the Texas chapter of the American College of Physicians.  Only 30 residents in the state were selected for this privilege.  I am so proud of my husband for earning this honor and all of his hard work that went into the preparations.


Unfortunately, I couldn't join him on the trip to Houston.  Since I am still on Internal Medicine wards, I had to work this weekend while Tony went on his paid mini-vacation.  Butters' reaction pretty much captured my sentiments, as he longingly watched Tony leave the driveway.


Tony had a great weekend, which I experienced vicariously through his photos.  He was assigned a hotel room with a beautiful view of the city.


In the morning, he had a full breakfast brought to his room.


And, he had a chance to meet a ton of other physicians.

I would like to think my weekend was the more eventful of the two.  Butters and I also enjoyed the scenery outdoors (albeit in our own neighborhood).  I savored a homemade breakfast of banana bread, English muffins, and eggs (pretty close to Tony's 3-course breakfast).  And, I also chatted with many physicians (while working in the hospital).  Clearly, Tony missed out on a lot!


I was so happy to hear that his poster presentation went off without a hitch... and he looked super handsome in his full service uniform.


He will find out later this week the results of the competition and if he will get to go to the national conference.  If he has that opportunity, I will be sure to not miss that one!  Either way, it has convinced us that we will need to fit in at least a few trips in the coming months, particularly before Baby Bean makes his/her big debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment